A Tribute to My Beloved Penny, May You Rest In Peace... November 9, 2020


It has taken me months to write this as the pain of her loss still stings fresh and runs deep like it was just yesterday...

Blessed to have her for 17 years - emotionally drained and distraught to decide to release her from life and say goodbye. It was this photo I took the day before I laid her to rest, looking  into her soulful eyes that fateful evening when she so gently and peacefully communicated it was okay and time for me to let her go.   Always so selfless she released me from a heavy burden no one should have to endure.  It made the decision no easier or less agonizing to say goodbye that Monday morning the 9th of  November when I would endure an empty and torn heart but I knew it was time and the right decision. She caringly and selflessly let me know that her time had come and I needed to let her go so she could eternally rest in peace - I still reel from that day.  

It's been hard not having her around so many things remind me of Penny and the loss has been inconsolable for me. I miss her terribly. I find my mind drifting to a place of memories and pretend she's still here.

The months preceding that fateful day were filled with so much joy, happiness and love - the time spent with Penny was incalculable and priceless.  Knowing my time with Penny was limited allowed me to cherish every moment like it would be the last and I'm grateful for the time I spent with her and the knowledge that it would be short.  

Penny was an amazing soul - more than a pet or a cat.  She had emotions beyond comprehension and and an intelligence hard to describe.  She was a companion, a friend, a confidant and most of all she delivered unconditional love...

The First day we brought you home.  Penny's intelligence was unsurpassed.  That first day she already new her name and would come to us when we called her.  Behavior so untypical of cats - The first day our lives would be changed forever, filled with happiness, joy, laughter and most cherishing of all - unconditional love...

Time to say goodbye...


Always wanting to spend time with me, even during her last moments.  Despite being week and unsteady she still made her way from the bedroom and jumped up on the desk.  How she did that in her condition was shocking to me.  I'm convinced she didn't do it for her sake, she did it for mine.  She was tired that day and nothing like her former self but her love and consideration was still there.

We called upon Lap Of Love #lapof love  to assist us in ushering  her into peace.  I can't say enough about their professionalism, empathy, understanding, compassion and kind hearted staff.  It made an unbearable decision and process as palatable as possible, given the situation and circumstances. Being able to have Penny home with us during her passing where Penny grew up and was comfortable was so important.








That June 18th day we brought her home from the vet hospital - We did not think Penny would make it through the night so you ca imagine how thrilled we were to have her home.  Knowing time would be short, we took advantage of every moment we could.  We  were able to spend four months of quality time with her.














Penny loved spending time with me and setting up shop at my desk.  She was a stress reliever.  I was so lucky to be able to work from home the last four months and spend so much quality time with Penny.  I didn't know it at the time but that would be such a tremendous gift.  So fortunate to have that! 



So majestic and  confident.








Penny always wanted to be close to me.  A loyal companion.  When my Dad passed away in 1/2018 she was there for me in a special way.  It's hard to explain but she understood and was a consoling soul during a very difficult period of time in my life





















One of Penny's many visits at night.




















When you looked into her eyes you just knew that there was a consciousness an intelligence hard to describe.  There was a soul in there and she had an awareness hard to describe.  You had to experience to understand it.


Another day at the office.




Nope, not time to go to work, time to give to attention.














There is that Penny awareness.


Penny good spend hours just laying  on or around me.



She loves attention and had no hesitation telling you.











 


Just a leisure relaxing  day.












After we brought her home from the emergency vet (hospital) she really started to need encouragement eating.



Despite being a 17 year old cat and in late stage kidney failure she still loved to play.  The most difficult part is that she looked so healthy and actually was with the fateful exception of her kidney's but for that, I'm convinced she would have easily eclipsed 20 years and more.  I think that made it so much more difficult.  We even considered a Kidney transplant and decided against it.  It wasn't the cost but what we would have to put her through.  It would not be fare to her.













So majestic.




More quality work time with my girl.














So darn cute and confident.




She was always so inpatient when she wanted her attention despite having work responsibilities it her time when she was ready.





No, your not going anywhere!
















Comments

Popular Posts